Willy and Mathilda's Houseboat Adventure: The Game
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Follow Willy and Mathilda on their neo-retro houseboat adventure! Through a series of mini-games interwoven with the original book narrated by its author, discover the imaginative world of the two traveling neighbours and the friends they meet along the way.
- 10 minigames covering 6 genres (educational, side-scroller, anti-beat-em-up, trampoline simulator, puzzle, and hidden object)
- Beautiful and unique cut-out animation and artwork derived from the book by Michael Torreiter, displayed in HD (1080p) glory
- A gorgeous soundtrack of original compositions by Jennifer Field, Ashton Mills, and Dustin van Wyk
- The charming original story narrated (with subtitles) by Michael Torreiter
- Authentic voices from Willy and Mathilda themselves throughout the game
- Replayability through each minigame having pre-set difficulty levels and/or Play What You Can mode, where you play as long as you feel like for points
- Even more replayability from a meta-game of strategic character stat improvements
- A celebratory stickerbook / painting activity, unlocked when you finish the game
- A delightfully quirky announcer who optionally reads all on-screen instructions and buttons for you
Into building up wikis? As you play, help build ours at Wikia!
Let's Play videos are also welcome, please e-mail us first!Like us on Facebook
System requirements: For best results, a desktop resolution of 1920x1080, at least 4 GB of RAM, Windows 7 or up-to-date Linux or 64-bit Mac, and at least 600 MB free HD space. (Let us know if it works on less.) Eventually, hopefully we will release an Android tablet version.
Currency note: Please pay via PayPal if you're paying in Canadian dollars. Otherwise please pay via Stripe.
This game is now complete, but if it happens to have a bug, the best way to contribute bug reports is at the official bug repo: https://github.com/IBwWG/mathildagame-bugs
|Published||Jun 13, 2016|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Genre||Educational, Puzzle, Strategy|
|Tags||1080p-hd, hidden-object, multi-genre, narrated, Side Scroller, stickerbook, trampoline-simulator|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Links||Community, Twitter, Homepage, Support, Demo Video|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.